Volkswagen unveils Phaeton, will be available in March
German auto major Volkswagen, unveiled its high-end luxury car Phaeton with sticker price...............
January 07, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
German auto major Volkswagen, unveiled its high-end luxury car Phaeton with sticker price of Rs 75 lakh.
The Phaeton, positioned as handcrafted luxury, is designed at VW's unique transparent glass factory at Dresden, near Frankfurt, Germany. The India-spec version of the car will be equipped with a powerful 3.6-litre, V6 petrol engine with a peak output of 280 bhp at 6,250 rpm and maximum torque of 370 Nm at 3,500 rpm.
For luxurious appointments in the interiors, the Phaeton will offer leather upholstery, 18-way seat adjustment, auto air-conditioning, cruise control and wood trim, all of which will be customisable.
“With the launch of Phaeton in March 2010 Volkswagen would register entry into the high-end luxury segment,” says Neeraj Garg, Member of the Board of Directors, Volkswagen Group Sales India at the 10th Auto Expo in New Delhi.
Phaeton would be available at the select outlets among 40 showrooms of Volkswagen as the company is targeting high-end customers.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021