Volkswagen unveils Phaeton, will be available in March
German auto major Volkswagen, unveiled its high-end luxury car Phaeton with sticker price...............
January 07, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
German auto major Volkswagen, unveiled its high-end luxury car Phaeton with sticker price of Rs 75 lakh.
The Phaeton, positioned as handcrafted luxury, is designed at VW's unique transparent glass factory at Dresden, near Frankfurt, Germany. The India-spec version of the car will be equipped with a powerful 3.6-litre, V6 petrol engine with a peak output of 280 bhp at 6,250 rpm and maximum torque of 370 Nm at 3,500 rpm.
For luxurious appointments in the interiors, the Phaeton will offer leather upholstery, 18-way seat adjustment, auto air-conditioning, cruise control and wood trim, all of which will be customisable.
“With the launch of Phaeton in March 2010 Volkswagen would register entry into the high-end luxury segment,” says Neeraj Garg, Member of the Board of Directors, Volkswagen Group Sales India at the 10th Auto Expo in New Delhi.
Phaeton would be available at the select outlets among 40 showrooms of Volkswagen as the company is targeting high-end customers.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category