Voltas to expand service centre base
Planing to launch 'All Weather' ACs, for niche market.April 08, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Voltas, one of India’s emerging consumer durable player, has unveiled its plans of expanding its customer service centres. The brand is eyeing Tier III cities i.e. with a population less than five lakhs, where other competitors have not reached in terms of customer service.
In terms of retail, Voltas will concentrate on going stronger in cities across Eastern and Southern markets of the country. With India being a highly competitive market and housing many international brands, Voltas still has 40 per cent of the market’s share in many states namely Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Kerala, Karnataka and Bihar.
These plans were unveiled at the launch of new ‘All Weather’ ACs, a niche in the market. The expanding footprint and distribution coupled with the USP has created a market leadership position for Voltas in FY ’12-’13 with an 18.5 per cent market share.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years