Voltas to expand service centre base
Planing to launch 'All Weather' ACs, for niche market.April 08, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Voltas, one of India’s emerging consumer durable player, has unveiled its plans of expanding its customer service centres. The brand is eyeing Tier III cities i.e. with a population less than five lakhs, where other competitors have not reached in terms of customer service.
In terms of retail, Voltas will concentrate on going stronger in cities across Eastern and Southern markets of the country. With India being a highly competitive market and housing many international brands, Voltas still has 40 per cent of the market’s share in many states namely Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Kerala, Karnataka and Bihar.
These plans were unveiled at the launch of new ‘All Weather’ ACs, a niche in the market. The expanding footprint and distribution coupled with the USP has created a market leadership position for Voltas in FY ’12-’13 with an 18.5 per cent market share.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore