Wagh Bakri to open tea lounges in tier-II cities
Targeting cities including Pune, Ahmedabad and NagpurJune 09, 2014 | comments ( 1 ) |
The Gujarat-based Wagh Bakri Group has decided to scale up its retail operations. The company is all set to enter tier-II cities with its six-year-old tea retail format.
In a recent media interaction, Parag Desai, a fourth generation entrepreneur and Executive Director of Wagh Bakri Tea Group, said, “We intend to scale up, and will have 10 lounges in a year, but it may take another five years before we make money on the venture.”
The company currently has three lounges with its largest one in Delhi (2,500 sq ft). Now, it intends to go beyond the metro markets, with tea lounges planned in Pune, Ahmedabad and Nagpur.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021