Wagh Bakri to open tea lounges in tier-II cities
Targeting cities including Pune, Ahmedabad and NagpurJune 09, 2014 | comments ( 1 ) |
The Gujarat-based Wagh Bakri Group has decided to scale up its retail operations. The company is all set to enter tier-II cities with its six-year-old tea retail format.
In a recent media interaction, Parag Desai, a fourth generation entrepreneur and Executive Director of Wagh Bakri Tea Group, said, “We intend to scale up, and will have 10 lounges in a year, but it may take another five years before we make money on the venture.”
The company currently has three lounges with its largest one in Delhi (2,500 sq ft). Now, it intends to go beyond the metro markets, with tea lounges planned in Pune, Ahmedabad and Nagpur.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2