Wal-Mart sees opportunity in India
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India.
October 01, 2009 | comments ( 7 ) |
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India. Seeing a long-term opportunity in India, Wal-Mart, which competes with France’s Carrefour, is accelerating expansion in Asia, something that will lead to the global economic recovery. Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart operates at about 630 locations in China, India and Japan, according to its web site.
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019