Wal-Mart sees opportunity in India
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India.
October 01, 2009 | comments ( 7 ) |
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India. Seeing a long-term opportunity in India, Wal-Mart, which competes with France’s Carrefour, is accelerating expansion in Asia, something that will lead to the global economic recovery. Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart operates at about 630 locations in China, India and Japan, according to its web site.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore