Wal-Mart sees opportunity in India
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India.
October 01, 2009 | comments ( 7 ) |
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India. Seeing a long-term opportunity in India, Wal-Mart, which competes with France’s Carrefour, is accelerating expansion in Asia, something that will lead to the global economic recovery. Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart operates at about 630 locations in China, India and Japan, according to its web site.
- Faasos plans to raise funds for overseas expansion
- Sachin Tendulkar backed Universal Sportsbiz raises Rs 100 crore
- Liberty Lifestyle to target millennials for luxury perfume range
- Nestle eyes 3 per cent sales growth
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket
- Amazon.in sees its biggest celebration everwith record sales across all categories
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy