Wal-Mart sees opportunity in India
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India.
October 01, 2009 | comments ( 7 ) |
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India. Seeing a long-term opportunity in India, Wal-Mart, which competes with France’s Carrefour, is accelerating expansion in Asia, something that will lead to the global economic recovery. Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart operates at about 630 locations in China, India and Japan, according to its web site.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India