Wal-Mart sees opportunity in India
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India.
October 01, 2009 | comments ( 7 ) |
Focusing on larger markets, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, is keen to expand in China and India. Seeing a long-term opportunity in India, Wal-Mart, which competes with France’s Carrefour, is accelerating expansion in Asia, something that will lead to the global economic recovery. Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart operates at about 630 locations in China, India and Japan, according to its web site.
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor