Walmart India to enter e-retailing
Business model similar to global leaders like Amazon and eBayMarch 05, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
After holding back its brick-and-mortar expansion plans in India, Walmart is eyeing an e-retailing presence in the country with a business model similar to that used by US-based Amazon and eBay.
According to sources, senior officials at Walmart including its India's COO Arvind Mediratta along with Steve Rodrigues, VP for operations at the India office, have been working jointly on developing an e-platform.
This online ‘platform’ is expected to go live over the next three to four months.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019