Walmart India to enter e-retailing
Business model similar to global leaders like Amazon and eBayMarch 05, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
After holding back its brick-and-mortar expansion plans in India, Walmart is eyeing an e-retailing presence in the country with a business model similar to that used by US-based Amazon and eBay.
According to sources, senior officials at Walmart including its India's COO Arvind Mediratta along with Steve Rodrigues, VP for operations at the India office, have been working jointly on developing an e-platform.
This online ‘platform’ is expected to go live over the next three to four months.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India