Walmart soon in Hyderabad
To set up Best Price wholesale outlet at Shivrampally.March 26, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The US-based retailing giant, Walmart, plans to make its debut in Hyderabad with a Best Price wholesale outlet at Shivrampally near the international airport.
Walmart is present in India through a joint venture with Bharti group – Bharti Walmart Pvt Ltd.
For the new store, the company has acquired around two acres of land adjacent to the PVNR expressway and has already begun work at the site. This will be Bharti Walmart’s third wholesale outlet in Andhra Pradesh, as the company already has stores in Vijayawada and Guntur.
Along with Bharti Walmart, Bharti Retail Pvt Ltd, the retail arm of the Sunil Bharti Mittal run Bharti group, also plans to make its debut in Hyderabad with the first of its 'Easyday' retail.
According to reports, this outlet will be opened in LB Nagar and will be operational either by May or June. However, it is not clear if the outlet will be an Easyday neighbourhood store, Easyday market or Easyday hyper outlet.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India