Weekender: 100th Store in India
India’s original and iconic fashion brand, Weekender has announced
October 21, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s original and iconic fashion brand, Weekender has announced the launch of its 100th store in the country. The milestone store was launched at a gala event at Jodhpur recently. This store marks the spreading of the Weekender network to over 60 cities in the country.
Commenting on the milestone launch, Mr.Balaji Bhat, CEO, Weekender said, “Weekender was launched in India in 1987, ever since we have had a loyal customer following. After 23 successful years and achieving a milestone of 100 stores across 60 cities, Weekender has now set eyes on an aggressive expansion plan to establish the brand as a young family fashion brand with trendy clothes for both adults and kids. We plan to establish more than 220 exclusive stores and 150 shop-in-shops across 120 cities in the country over the next one year”.
Weekender has been synonymous with an easy going free spirited personality and their clothes reflect this emotion. In kids wear as well Weekender has been a pioneer in understanding the fashion needs of children. It understands children and their love towards cartoons. Over the last few years the company has established symbolic relationships with Warner Bros, Disney and Cartoon Network to merchandise their cartoon and other popular characters on Weekender apparel via a License arrangement.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021