Weekender: 100th Store in India
India’s original and iconic fashion brand, Weekender has announced
October 21, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s original and iconic fashion brand, Weekender has announced the launch of its 100th store in the country. The milestone store was launched at a gala event at Jodhpur recently. This store marks the spreading of the Weekender network to over 60 cities in the country.
Commenting on the milestone launch, Mr.Balaji Bhat, CEO, Weekender said, “Weekender was launched in India in 1987, ever since we have had a loyal customer following. After 23 successful years and achieving a milestone of 100 stores across 60 cities, Weekender has now set eyes on an aggressive expansion plan to establish the brand as a young family fashion brand with trendy clothes for both adults and kids. We plan to establish more than 220 exclusive stores and 150 shop-in-shops across 120 cities in the country over the next one year”.
Weekender has been synonymous with an easy going free spirited personality and their clothes reflect this emotion. In kids wear as well Weekender has been a pioneer in understanding the fashion needs of children. It understands children and their love towards cartoons. Over the last few years the company has established symbolic relationships with Warner Bros, Disney and Cartoon Network to merchandise their cartoon and other popular characters on Weekender apparel via a License arrangement.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2