Welspun plans retail expansion
Welspun Group is geared up to plan its retail
February 24, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Welspun Group is geared up to plan its retail footprints by 20-30% annually in the country.
Welspun is one of the major players in the home textile segment in India. Home textile consists of products like bed sheets, bath rugs and towels. At present, the company’s total exposure in the export market is around 93%.
The company is gauging conducive growth for the textile market to target 25% exposure in the domestic market for next five years. Currently, Welspun has around 170 stores across the country. The typical investment required for a store, including inventories, is pegged at around Rs75 lakh to Rs1 crore.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021