Welspun plans retail expansion
Welspun Group is geared up to plan its retail
February 24, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Welspun Group is geared up to plan its retail footprints by 20-30% annually in the country.
Welspun is one of the major players in the home textile segment in India. Home textile consists of products like bed sheets, bath rugs and towels. At present, the company’s total exposure in the export market is around 93%.
The company is gauging conducive growth for the textile market to target 25% exposure in the domestic market for next five years. Currently, Welspun has around 170 stores across the country. The typical investment required for a store, including inventories, is pegged at around Rs75 lakh to Rs1 crore.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint