Westinghouse enters Indian market
Westinghouse, a part of Westinghouse Electric Company, a prestigious name in the home appliance space, has forayed into
November 12, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Westinghouse, a part of Westinghouse Electric Company, a prestigious name in the home appliance space, has forayed into the Indian market. Venturing into the fast-growing Indian retail home appliance market, Westinghouse India has launched its range of small domestic appliances, personal care, garment care, heaters, baby care and fans. The operations in India come under Mapana Middle East FZCo and W-Lifestyle Limited, which is a global licensee for the brand.
Bert Doornmalen, Chairman and Founder, W-Lifestyle Limited & Mapana Middle East FZCo, said, “We are honored and proud to introduce the Westinghouse range of household appliances in the Indian Market. As the consumers are evolving, the only way to ensure consumer delight is innovation to meet their stated and innate needs. We are confident that Westinghouse will strike an instant chord with the Indian customers as it provides for an unparalleled experience with Westinghouse products.”
“We are very confident of Westinghouse becoming a trusted household name in the coming years and will surely have inroads into the Indian household — connoting quality, heritage and innovative products. Keeping the customers’ family in mind, we will continue to enhance functionality and safety with innovation. Our endeavor is to provide affordable products for the contemporary kitchen, which minimizes or eliminates labor intensive or manual processes and simultaneously augments the lifestyle,” said R Venkat, CEO & Director, Westinghouse Appliances India Pvt. Ltd.
The company plans to invest Rs 70 crore over the next three years and is also planning aggressive marketing campaign with the support of print advertisements, in shop activities, exhibitions and online campaigns.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021