Wipro’s in-house Infrastructure framework
Wipro Infotech, the India, Middle East and Africa,
September 23, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Wipro Infotech, the India, Middle East and Africa, IT Business of Wipro Ltd and a leading provider of IT and business transformation services, has built a unique Infrastructure Management Automation Framework (IMAF) which automates the IT infrastructure administration activities efficiently, thereby helping to achieve improved Service Level Agreements (SLAs). By using this framework, customers stand to benefit in terms of sustained uptime resulting in significant increase in productivity and enhanced operational efficiency.
The framework is multi-compatible and can be implemented using automation tools offered by Global vendors. Additionally, Wipro has done its own reference implementation of the framework through an automation tool developed in-house called ‘Viking’. Viking is a powerful web-based portal designed to enable administrators conduct routine performance evaluation activities without manual intervention to support continued deliverables. Activities associated with the deliverables are automated through Viking and the alerts notified by calls, SMS and emails. Viking covers Network, Windows, Solaris, Messaging and account management deliverables.
Speaking about the framework, Mr. Ramkumar Balasubramanian, General Manager – Practice & Business Development, Managed IT Services, Wipro - India, Middle East & Africa said, “Wipro has developed this automation framework in-house, after two years of meticulous efforts. The framework, which is now part of our managed service offerings, considerably strengthens our positioning in the market as a service provider focused on enhancing professional efficiency. “
Wipro has already implemented this framework for over 50 customers.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021