Wipro’s in-house Infrastructure framework
Wipro Infotech, the India, Middle East and Africa,
September 23, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Wipro Infotech, the India, Middle East and Africa, IT Business of Wipro Ltd and a leading provider of IT and business transformation services, has built a unique Infrastructure Management Automation Framework (IMAF) which automates the IT infrastructure administration activities efficiently, thereby helping to achieve improved Service Level Agreements (SLAs). By using this framework, customers stand to benefit in terms of sustained uptime resulting in significant increase in productivity and enhanced operational efficiency.
The framework is multi-compatible and can be implemented using automation tools offered by Global vendors. Additionally, Wipro has done its own reference implementation of the framework through an automation tool developed in-house called ‘Viking’. Viking is a powerful web-based portal designed to enable administrators conduct routine performance evaluation activities without manual intervention to support continued deliverables. Activities associated with the deliverables are automated through Viking and the alerts notified by calls, SMS and emails. Viking covers Network, Windows, Solaris, Messaging and account management deliverables.
Speaking about the framework, Mr. Ramkumar Balasubramanian, General Manager – Practice & Business Development, Managed IT Services, Wipro - India, Middle East & Africa said, “Wipro has developed this automation framework in-house, after two years of meticulous efforts. The framework, which is now part of our managed service offerings, considerably strengthens our positioning in the market as a service provider focused on enhancing professional efficiency. “
Wipro has already implemented this framework for over 50 customers.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore