Wipro showcases LED lighting range
Also launches premium range of indoor and outdoor LED-based lighting
August 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Wipro Lighting and Furniture Business, part of the Wipro Group, launched its 10h edition of Light & Furniture Show, as part of its campaign to showcase its new furniture and lighting products. The company also used the occasion to launch its premium range of indoor and outdoor LED-based lighting, designer urban-lighting range and modular furniture.
On display at the show were the Vola range of products designed by Paris-based designer Mr Michel Tortel and the Transit range of chairs designed by Mr Conrad Marini of Toronto, Canada. The urban Vola streetlight and floodlight range has been designed to suit the changing Indian cities.
“We have been focussing on lighting systems for green buildings. Today, out of the 130 green buildings in India, we have done the entire lighting solutions for 75 of them, accounting for a market share of about 60 per cent. With our LED-based lighting products, we will be sharpening focus on green buildings,” Mr Parag Kulkarni, Vice-President and Business Head of Wipro's Commercial Lighting and Furniture Business, told media persons here.
The company has set up a dedicated research and development team working on designing new products based on LED technology.
In response to a question, Mr Kulkarni said many of the LED-based products were compatible with solar-based lighting systems.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India