Wipro showcases LED lighting range
Also launches premium range of indoor and outdoor LED-based lighting
August 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Wipro Lighting and Furniture Business, part of the Wipro Group, launched its 10h edition of Light & Furniture Show, as part of its campaign to showcase its new furniture and lighting products. The company also used the occasion to launch its premium range of indoor and outdoor LED-based lighting, designer urban-lighting range and modular furniture.
On display at the show were the Vola range of products designed by Paris-based designer Mr Michel Tortel and the Transit range of chairs designed by Mr Conrad Marini of Toronto, Canada. The urban Vola streetlight and floodlight range has been designed to suit the changing Indian cities.
“We have been focussing on lighting systems for green buildings. Today, out of the 130 green buildings in India, we have done the entire lighting solutions for 75 of them, accounting for a market share of about 60 per cent. With our LED-based lighting products, we will be sharpening focus on green buildings,” Mr Parag Kulkarni, Vice-President and Business Head of Wipro's Commercial Lighting and Furniture Business, told media persons here.
The company has set up a dedicated research and development team working on designing new products based on LED technology.
In response to a question, Mr Kulkarni said many of the LED-based products were compatible with solar-based lighting systems.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019