Woodland eyes global markets
Eyes China, West Asia, and the CIS countries.March 20, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Woodland is looking at leveraging its brand equity to expand into newer global markets while spreading its retail presence in India. Initially, the company plans to enter China, West Asia, and the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries by early 2013.
According to Harkirat Singh, MD, Woodland, the success that the company has seen in India has given it the confidence to explore international markets. Besides being a manufacturing hub, China is a consumption market, too. Woodland enjoys certain brand equity and makes viable business sense to establish presence in other places as well.
Woodland already sources raw material from China. It is now looking at creating a distribution set-up to retail shoes through exclusive showrooms and through existing retailers in China.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn