Woodland’s aggressive growth strategy
Plans to end current fiscal with revenues of Rs 1,050 crore.February 13, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Woodland, a leading retailer of shoes and apparel, is attempting to end the current fiscal with sales of Rs 1,050 crore, a growth of 23 per cent on a year-on-year basis, and that would be largely due to strong growth in its apparel sales.
Amol Dhillon, Vice President-Strategic & Planning, Aero Group of Companies, said, “Our apparel sales are growing at a fast pace and we expect revenues in this segment to be almost equal to our footwear sales.”
The player has grown at 20-25 per cent over the past few years and its retail network includes over 500 company-owned and company-operated exclusive brand outlets along with over 4,000 multi-brand outlets, and e-retail. In addition, it plans to expand its presence in smaller towns.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021