YRF ties up with KBSH
Launch India’s first Bollywood fashion label ‘Diva’ni’July 11, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Yash Raj Films (YRF) has collaborated with Karol Bagh Saree House (KBSH) to create India’s first Bollywood inspired fashion label called Diva’ni– Where fashion romances Bollywood. YRF, one of India’s leading production houses along with KBSH, aim to serenade the splendour of Indian cinema through aspirational fashion. Inspired by Yash Chopra’s vision and portrayal of the diva in every woman, the first collection is a fitting tribute to him.
Commenting on the association, Rohit Sobti, YRF’s Vice President, Licensing & Merchandising said, “YRF has been looking to participate in a meaningful way in the apparel category, in order to bring the trends of Bollywood and YRF closer to the consumers. As an industry, we have been setting fashion trends for our fans worldwide over the last 100 years. Development of the brand Diva’ni is a most significant effort by any Film Studio in the world and KBSH is an ideal associate in helping us achieve our goal.”
Sanya Dhir, Brand Director, KBSH added that in a country like India where women of all age groups are so highly inspired by Indian cinema, KBSH strives to create a brand that will bring them a step closer to living their Bollywood dream. “We are very happy that India's premier studio YRF shares our vision and has joined hands with us in this very exciting endeavour. Over the last several decades, YRF has pioneered and mastered the presentation of fashion in their iconic films, and has been creating 'divas' forever. We are sure the association with YRF will bring alive our dream of celebrating the diva in every woman”, added Dhir. The two brands will give more details about the launch of the collection soon.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO