Yamaha expands dealer network
Inaugurates six dealers in MaharashtraAugust 21, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Keen on making it big in the Indian scooter market, India Yamaha Motor plans to expand its sales network across India, especially in the tier II and tier III cities. Currently, India Yamaha Motor has more than 400 dealers across India and plans to spread out to more cities increasing its dealer network to 2000 by 2018.
Keeping the plan going, the company has inaugrated two more dealers namely Varyan Yamaha and Supreme Auto in Pune, to match the growing demand for bikes in the city and prepare for scooters which will be put in the market soon. Likewise, four more dealerships will be inaugurated in cities like Nasik and Mumbai apart from Pune over the next two weeks.
Commenting on the occasion, Hiroyuki Suzuki, CEO & MD, India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd, said, “The Yamaha family is looking forward to a stronger dealer and sales network strategy to reach out to more people with our products and services while continuing to serve our loyal customers.”
“Maharashtra is a very crucial market for us and we are committed to offering the best of the products from our portfolio to customers here. In the deluxe segment, which is our mainstay category, Yamaha has 18 per cent market share in Maharashtra, up from 16 per cent last year. The opening of these new dealerships in Pune is in line with our focus to strengthen our foothold in key growth markets. These dealerships will definitely help us in reaching out to more and more potential customers in the state as well as the entire region. The showrooms are fully-equipped with 3S – Sales, Service & Spare Parts set-up and these dealerships will strive to achieve a high satisfaction level of our esteemed customers,” he further added.
According to the market estimates, the industry is all set to attain 20 million units level by 2016, Yamaha targets to achieve 10 per cent market share.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG