Zomato: India’s 1st local-search android app
Zomato.com (previously known as Foodiebay.com)
February 04, 2011 | comments ( 1 ) |
Zomato.com (previously known as Foodiebay.com), one of India’s largest online Food Guides and restaurant directories has launched its mobile application for Android phones. The application is the first local-search application for android phones made by an Indian player. It allows users to search for nearby restaurants based on the user’s location. Available in the Android market for free, the application replicates all features of the website and lets the user look at the menus, contact details, reviews, photographs, location and discounts for restaurants on the phone itself. The application recorded over 200 downloads within the first couple of days after the launch.
Deepinder Goyal, Co-Founder and CEO, Zomato said, “We are proud to be the first restaurant portal in the country to develop an Android application. The users will be able to enjoy all the functionalities of our website on the Zomato application. Given the increasing penetration of smart-phones and the launch of 3G services by multiple operators, mobile market was the logical next step for us after internet. We see Android as the fastest growing mobile smart-phone market in India. Globally, Android phones have grown very rapidly and we expect India to see the same trend.”
Zomato.com has its presence in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Pune.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore