Zomato: India’s 1st local-search android app
Zomato.com (previously known as Foodiebay.com)
February 04, 2011 | comments ( 1 ) |
Zomato.com (previously known as Foodiebay.com), one of India’s largest online Food Guides and restaurant directories has launched its mobile application for Android phones. The application is the first local-search application for android phones made by an Indian player. It allows users to search for nearby restaurants based on the user’s location. Available in the Android market for free, the application replicates all features of the website and lets the user look at the menus, contact details, reviews, photographs, location and discounts for restaurants on the phone itself. The application recorded over 200 downloads within the first couple of days after the launch.
Deepinder Goyal, Co-Founder and CEO, Zomato said, “We are proud to be the first restaurant portal in the country to develop an Android application. The users will be able to enjoy all the functionalities of our website on the Zomato application. Given the increasing penetration of smart-phones and the launch of 3G services by multiple operators, mobile market was the logical next step for us after internet. We see Android as the fastest growing mobile smart-phone market in India. Globally, Android phones have grown very rapidly and we expect India to see the same trend.”
Zomato.com has its presence in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Pune.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years