Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
TechEagle will help Zomato to create a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones.December 06, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
In order to carve a path toward drone-based food delivery in India, Zomato, an online food ordering platform, has acquired Lucknow-based startup TechEagle Innovations for an undisclosed amount.
TechEagle will help Zomato to create a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones.
Deepinder Goyal, Founder and CEO, Zomato, said, "We are currently at the early stage of aerial innovations and are taking baby steps towards building a tomorrow wherein users can expect a drone to deliver the food they ordered online."
"We believe that robots powering the last mile delivery is an inevitable part of the future and hence is going to be a significant area of investment for us," he added.
Currently, food delivery business is contributing about 65% to the overall revenue of Zomato.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn