Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
TechEagle will help Zomato to create a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones.December 06, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
In order to carve a path toward drone-based food delivery in India, Zomato, an online food ordering platform, has acquired Lucknow-based startup TechEagle Innovations for an undisclosed amount.
TechEagle will help Zomato to create a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones.
Deepinder Goyal, Founder and CEO, Zomato, said, "We are currently at the early stage of aerial innovations and are taking baby steps towards building a tomorrow wherein users can expect a drone to deliver the food they ordered online."
"We believe that robots powering the last mile delivery is an inevitable part of the future and hence is going to be a significant area of investment for us," he added.
Currently, food delivery business is contributing about 65% to the overall revenue of Zomato.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years