Zomato launches restaurant search application
The new search application for Nokia smartphones allows users to search for nearby restaurants based on the userís location
August 16, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Zomato.com, India’s largest online Food & Nightlife Guide which had earlier launched its Android, Blackberry and iOS applications, has now launched a mobile application for Nokia smartphones. The search application allows users to search for nearby restaurants based on the user’s location. Available for free on the Ovi store (http://store.ovi.com/search?q=zomato), the application replicates all features of the website and lets the user look at the menus, contact details, reviews, photographs, location and discounts for restaurants on the phone itself. With the launch of the app for Nokia, Zomato.com has further extended its user reach in the Indian mobile space. Zomato.com, which gets over 800,000 visitors every month on its website, has now become the only Indian Local Search player to have an application on all major smartphone platforms - Android, Blackberry, iOS and now Nokia as well.
Deepinder Goyal, Co-Founder and CEO, Zomato.com said, “We’ve constantly been focusing our efforts to increase user reach and with the launch of Zomato.com’s Nokia app, we’ve now moved into all the major smartphone device platforms. Nokia has a huge smartphone customer base and we’re looking forward to a good response from the market. Users will be able to enjoy all the functionalities of our website on the Nokia Zomato application.”
The website is 3 years old and is present in 10 cities across India – Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Chandigarh. Zomato.com raised an investment of 4.7Cr from Info Edge (Naukri.com group) in August 2010 to fund its product development and marketing.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India