e-Bay unveils eBay India Census 2012
Delhi was the largest eCommerce Hub in the country.
Tags: eBay India CensusMarch 25, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
eBay India (www.eBay.in), India’s leading eCommerce marketplace, revealed that Delhi was the largest eCommerce Hub in the country, according to the eBay India Census 2012. Muralikrishnan B, Country Manager, eBay India, unveiled the 5th edition of the annual eBay Census Guide which documents the key trends in online buying, importing, selling & exporting across Indians in the Top 20 eCommerce Hubs, 28 states and 7 Union Territories. eBay Census also revealed export trends to 201 countries as well as import trends from 141 countries.
· Massification: Online Shopping is mainstream & a nationwide phenomenon: India has over 4,306 eCommerce Hubs from all 28 States and 7 Union Territories, a 30% increase from eBay Census 2011. Consumers from over 3,281 Bharat Hubs & 1,015 Rural Hubs shopped online.
· Top Cities: India’s Top 5 eCommerce Hubs are Delhi, followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru&Chennai.
· Top States: The Top 5 States with the most transactions were Maharashtra, Delhi, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu&Karnataka.
· Most Wired States: The Most Wired States with the maximum eCommerce Hubs are Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh &West Bengal.
· Top Rural Hubs: India’s Top 5 Rural Hubs are Guntur (AP), Choryasi (GJ), Kartikapall (KL), Villupuram (TN) & Dindori (MH)
· Top Countries: India’s Top Trading Partners are United States, United Kingdom, Australia, China & Canada.
· Zones:The West Zone of India dominate eCommerce (38%), followed by the North Zone(30%), South Zone (26%) & East Zone (6%).
· Vertical Categories: Electronics continueto dominate & hold share at 48% of Domestic Transactions with Lifestyle Categories (41%) gain traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers.
· Global Shopper: Indian shoppers from 2,638 Indian cities are opening up their wallets to import buying from eBay entrepreneurs in 141 countries.
· Retail Exports continue to thrive with consumers from 201 countries buying Indian handcrafted Products from Indian entrepreneurs from 523 Export Hubs across India.
· Top Brands: Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia &Sandiskare the most transacted brands on eBay India.
eBay Census 2012 research findings were based on an analysis of all online buying and selling transactions by Indians on eBay between July 1, 2011 and December 31, 2012. eBay India analysed eBay transactions over an 18 month period within the individual Indian States & Union Territories as well as the key Indian cities to identify the top Buying and Selling Hubs based on the number of transactions that have happened on the eBay India site. In addition, retail export transactions & retail import transactions between global eBayers and Indian eBayers were analysed. Interesting fun facts, unique purchases, local, national and global trends all come to light in eBay India Census 2012.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn