eBay goes the CSR way
Announces eBay India Charity Fest to celebrate Joy of Giving Week.September 27, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
eBay India has announced the eBay India Charity Fest for The Joy of Giving Week. The eBay India Charity Fest showcases over 8,000 products from 29 reputed NGOs working towards welfare for women, children, elderly, rural, health, education, employment and many more social causes. The country’s first online charity festival is available from September 26 till October 8, 2012. Consumers can choose from a wide variety of hand crafted products ranging from bags to jewellery, home furnishings, to name a few.
The eBay India Charity Fest 2012 is a great place for eBay buyers to support their favourite NGOs and shop, anytime, anywhere or to buy meaningful gifts for their loved ones. Buyers can shop, safe in the knowledge that their funds will directly benefit NGOs. Meanwhile for NGOs this is an easy way to raise funds and awareness by selling items directly to over 4 million customers across India.
Deepa Thomas, Head - Partnerships, eBay India said, “We are delighted to host the eBay India Charity Fest for Joy of Giving Week in our continuous effort to support NGOs through the eBay India Charity Fundraising Platform. We would also like to thank GuideStar India for their efforts in bringing in new NGOs. The eBay India Charity Fest will see the coming together of 29 NGOs and help create awareness amongst our four million registered eBay users. Joy of Giving Week is a key annual event on our charity calendar and we hope many Indians come forward to shop and benefit a good cause.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021