eBay unveils its 1st Asian exporters' Index
Indian jewellery popular with buyers around the globe
September 01, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
eBay India, India’s leading eCommerce marketplace, unveiled its key findings on eBay’s Asian export business. The Index has already been unveiled in 12 Asian markets. Global Trade or Retail Exports at eBay India provides Indian entrepreneurs an online platform to sell hand crafted products to buyers across the globe. Kashyap Vadapalli, Director – Categories, eBay India and Chandranath Som, Director, Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) jointly unveiled the first eBay Asian Exporters Index report.
Vadapalli said, “eBay India is committed to encouraging more Indian entrepreneurs to benefit from the large export opportunity provided by eBay’s 97 million strong customer base. I am pleased to announce that sales from large Indian exporters on eBay grew 85% YoY.”
The Asian Exporters’ Index also highlights global export trends observed across China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2