Givaudan expands its manufacturing facility in India
Givaudan expands its manufacturing facility in India

Driven by the growing snacking habit of Indians, the world's leading flavour and fragrance company Givaudan has invested Rs 400 crore for expanding its manufacturing facility in India.

Monila Kothari, Givaudan's APAC Commercial Head, said, "Bakery products and snacking movement are the two key growth drivers for the company's growth of flavours business in India. Masala, butter and mango in beverages are the top most popular flavours in the Indian market."

Givaudan claims to have a 25% share of the world flavours and fragrance market and a 27% share of the Indian market. The company sources about 50% of its ingredients required for Indian operations locally. 

Gilles Andrier, Chief Executive Officer, Givaudan, stated, "We also source ingredients for natural flavours and fragrances like ginger, spices, jasmine etc from India. Of the 9 companies that we acquired in the past 4 years, 6 of them are in the manufacturing of natural ingredients. However, natural is more expensive and also the question of sustainability is involved in it."

46% business of Givaudan comes from the fragrance business, while the remaining 54% from the flavours business.

Stay on top – Get the daily news from Indian Retailer in your inbox
Also Worth Reading