A study on the top-of-mind issues affecting retail CEOs.
India’s GDP growth, higher income levels, and increasing personal consumption, etc will accelerate the growth of the retail sector, according to a joint thought leadership study by PricewaterhouseCoop
January 23, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s GDP growth, higher income levels, and increasing personal consumption, etc will accelerate the growth of the retail sector, according to a joint thought leadership study by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Retailers Association of India. The study focuses on top-of-mind issues affecting retail CEOs.
NV Sivakumar, Leader, Consumer and Industrial Products, PricewaterhouseCoopers said, “Retail CEOs' top-of-mind issues pertain to supply chain and operations, strategy and innovation, private labels, tax issues, workforce management, and sustainability and green marketing. Our study addresses the current thinking and practices on these issues."
The study, based on interviews with 20 CEOs and MDs at leading Indian and global organisations, secondary research and internal insights, explores six discussion themes and relevant case studies. The themes are Supply chain and operations, Strategy and innovation, Private label offerings, Tax issues, Workforce management and Sustainability and green marketing.
Kumar Rajagopalan, Chief Executive Officer, RAI said, “While every top business house in India has recognized retail as the big sector to invest in and be a big player in this sector, retail CEOs are working with great enthusiasm to meet the exacting detail requirements of this challenging business. Opportunities are apparent; however the pitfalls are just as possible. Our study shows the various aspects that retailers are trying to master and win in the market place.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India