AV Birla Retail appoints Thomas Varghese as CEO after Sumant Sinha quits
Mr. Sumant Sinha, CEO of Aditya Birla Retail, has decided to put in his papers after serving the company for six and half years with the group.
July 10, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mr. Sumant Sinha, CEO of Aditya Birla Retail, has decided to put in his papers after serving the company for six and half years with the group. In his place Aditya Birla Group has appointed Thomas Varghese as the new Chief Executive Officer. Presently, Thomas Varghese is the Executive President and Head of Grasim’s pulp division. Though reluctant to give any details about his next appointment, Sinha has disclosed that the sector he is likely to join is outside retail. An alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Calcutta, Sinha worked with Citi Corp and New York-based ING Barings prior to joining AV Birla Group. Spearheading various divisions, mostly finances, Sinha had been elevated to lead the retail arm of the group in 2006. Barely two months ago, Andrew Denby, CEO of group’s supermarket format “more” resigned. At the same time, Parakh Dave, CIO of the company left. These events naturally raise the questions what has led to such exodus. Insiders believe may be competitive situation despite slowdown in retail segment is having its toll on those responsible for the driving the growth.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore