Amazon launches Kindle in India
Amazon.com, Inc., US-based multinational electronic commerce company is America's largest online retailer. Its e-book reader Kindle will now be available in India at close to Rs 13,000.
October 09, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amazon.com, Inc., US-based multinational electronic commerce company is America's largest online retailer. Its e-book reader Kindle will now be available in India at close to Rs 13,000. The 3G –enabled Kindle supports book and newspaper downloads on the move. The device sports features like a six inch electronic ink display and 2GB memory card that can store over 1,000 books.Kindle, will be sold across 100 countries, escalating the clash in the mushrooming digital book market. The move, gives the world's largest online retailer the widest global reach among its competitors, including chief rival Sony Corp.Amazon which regards the Kindle as a pivotal growth driver said over 200,000 English-language books from a host of publishers as well as more than 85 international and U.S. newspapers and magazines would be available on the international
device, which begins shipping from Oct. 19.
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform