Auchan on expansion spree
Plans 60 stores in India.April 08, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of India’s fastest growing international hypermarket chain, Auchan, looks at investing in multi-brand retail as it plans to open 60 stores in India. Auchan, which is currently present in India through a JV with Max Hypermarkets, has 13 hypermarkets in India.
The brand has stores in Bangalore, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi and Pune and planning more stores by 2015 in cities like Bhopal, Mohali, Indore, Chennai, Vishakapatnam, and Chandigarh.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2