Bata: New format in shoe retail
Bata India, the leader in footwear retail in India, introduced
December 10, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bata India, the leader in footwear retail in India, introduced a new format of shoe store with the opening of a 4,400 sq feet store at the Shipra Mall, Indirapuram, Delhi NCR. This new Bata Flagship Store is the largest such store in Delhi NCR and offers a complete range of stylish footwear and accessories like handbags & belts.
It is made as per Bata’s global design, using the latest retail design format and the best quality of furniture to enhance the store’s layout and provide for an attractive product display. The new Bata store delivers an enjoyable shopping experience in an aesthetically designed ambience with attentive and friendly staff.
Commenting on the milestone, Mr. Marcelo Villagran, Managing Director, Bata India Limited said “Our new format stores will therefore be larger than 4,000 square feet to allow enough space to present consumers with the largest variety of footwear designs and styles in an easy to choose display, with the best in class service.”
“We have multiple brands to cater to the lifestyle needs of men, women and children. Our Hush Puppies brand is targeted at the urban customer looking for elegant style, whilst Marie Claire is for the more trendy and fashion conscious women consumers. The comfort needs are fulfilled by Scholl and Comfit, whilst the outdoor footwear brand Weinbrenner caters to specialty needs. Our North Star range is for customers looking for a sporty lifestyle look,” said Mr Villagran.
Bata, the biggest retailer in the footwear industry, has been constantly expanding its retail footprint in India and has opened 82 new stores so far in 2010. Bata has over 1,200 stores in India and plans to increase its store density in Tier II & III markets across the country.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years