Bigshoebazaar raises Rs 40 crore
The investment has been received from Catamaran Ventures and Nexus Venture Partners
August 01, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bigshoebazaar India Pvt. Ltd. (BSB), South Asia's largest online wholesaler of shoes, apparel, bags, accessories and gift items announced that it has received Rs 40 crore investment from Catamaran Ventures and Nexus Venture Partners in its second round of funding. Bigshoebazaar sells branded footwear to retailers across the country through the online cash and carry platform, www.bigshoebazaar.net. The Company is also the online licensor of www.yebhi.com, which is the fastest growing online ecommerce sites in the country, currently focused on shoes, apparel, bags, accessories and expanding into other categories.
Speaking about the funding, Mr Manmohan Agarwal, Founder & CEO, Bigshoebazaar India Pvt. Ltd., said, "We have invested substantial efforts, technology and capital into building robust warehousing, logistics and distribution capabilities. The funding will help us expand our reach and strengthen our backend supply chain and delivery infrastructure. Both Nexus and Catamaran are working with us closely to build a robust ecommerce company."
Bigshoebazaar is setting the benchmarks in the online ecommerce business in India with its focus on building an unbeatable, state of art backend infrastructure with its own warehousing and supply chain facilities. Bigshoebazaar is already catering to 3000 retailers across the country offering them the best margins and the fastest shipping. BSB also has PUMA, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, RedTape, J Hampstead, Duke, Liberty, Bata, FILA, Levi's Lee, Mufti, Provogue, Woodland Wrangler and lotto among many others as brand partners enabling them to reach the widest audience in the country.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India