Blackberry ropes in Ranbir Kapoor
The move is aimed at targeting more young entrepreneurs and professionals.December 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Research in Motion (RIM), the makers of Blackberry smartphones, have signed Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as the brand ambassador in India. The move is aimed at targeting more young entrepreneurs and professionals.
"This is the first time we have signed a celebrity in India as a brand ambassador. Given BlackBerry brand positioning in the country and whole association with youth segment as well as young entrepreneurs and professionals, we thought there is right fit to have Ranbir as our brand ambassador," Sunil Dutt, MD, RIM India said.
Ranbir, who has been signed in for two years, will be seen in the advertisements across multiple channels.
RIM India, which follows the global norms of the company, has taken a step further to induct an Indian celebrity looking at the kind of pull it has. RIM will be announcing BlackBerry 10 version devices on January 30, 2013.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021