Blackberry ropes in Ranbir Kapoor
The move is aimed at targeting more young entrepreneurs and professionals.December 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Research in Motion (RIM), the makers of Blackberry smartphones, have signed Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as the brand ambassador in India. The move is aimed at targeting more young entrepreneurs and professionals.
"This is the first time we have signed a celebrity in India as a brand ambassador. Given BlackBerry brand positioning in the country and whole association with youth segment as well as young entrepreneurs and professionals, we thought there is right fit to have Ranbir as our brand ambassador," Sunil Dutt, MD, RIM India said.
Ranbir, who has been signed in for two years, will be seen in the advertisements across multiple channels.
RIM India, which follows the global norms of the company, has taken a step further to induct an Indian celebrity looking at the kind of pull it has. RIM will be announcing BlackBerry 10 version devices on January 30, 2013.
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen