Blackberrys to acquire Spykar
Held discussion with Avigo PartnersJanuary 08, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading apparel brand, Blackberrys, aims to acquire leading Indian denim maker, Spykar Lifestyle. As per the market reports, the company is in discussion with Avigo Partners, a PE investor that holds a 60-percent stake in Spykar. Prasad Pabrekar, Founder, Spykar, holds the remaining 40 percent stake in the company.
For the past few years, Avigo has been in talks with many strategic players, including private equity investors, to sell its stake in Spykar. These talks have not yet gone forward due to valuation issues.
The products of Spykar, established in 1992, are sold through 1,000 multi-brand and 200 exclusive outlets across India. The company clocked annual revenue of Rs 180 crore in the last financial year. Global investment bank, Lincoln International, is advising Avigo to find potential buyers.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn