Blackberrys to acquire Spykar
Held discussion with Avigo PartnersJanuary 08, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading apparel brand, Blackberrys, aims to acquire leading Indian denim maker, Spykar Lifestyle. As per the market reports, the company is in discussion with Avigo Partners, a PE investor that holds a 60-percent stake in Spykar. Prasad Pabrekar, Founder, Spykar, holds the remaining 40 percent stake in the company.
For the past few years, Avigo has been in talks with many strategic players, including private equity investors, to sell its stake in Spykar. These talks have not yet gone forward due to valuation issues.
The products of Spykar, established in 1992, are sold through 1,000 multi-brand and 200 exclusive outlets across India. The company clocked annual revenue of Rs 180 crore in the last financial year. Global investment bank, Lincoln International, is advising Avigo to find potential buyers.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG