Bulchee to launch an exclusive line for the youth
Italian brand Bulchee will tap the youth segment of the estimated Rs 4,000 crore Indian accessories market with the introduction of a special line, the trademark’s Indian licensee Altas Brands recentl
March 29, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Italian brand Bulchee will tap the youth segment of the estimated Rs 4,000 crore Indian accessories market with the introduction of a special line, the trademark’s Indian licensee Altas Brands recently announced.
Besides, the brand will be increasing its exclusive retail chain by seven-fold to take it to 35 outlets by the end of 2010, from five currently.
“We will launch an exclusive line dedicated to the youth segment later this year called ‘BLC.’ This line will be based on latest styles and designs from Italy,” Atlas Brands Managing Director Mr Ramesh S Bulchandani said.
Despite targeting the youth, he said the new line will be positioned at a similar price segment as its existing upper- end products. At present, its belts are priced at an average of Rs 1,000, silk ties at around Rs 800 per piece and bag at about Rs 2,00 0-4,000.
Mr Bulchandani said the company is also planning to undertake a big expansion of its exclusive chain in 2010.
“We started our exclusive chain in 2008 and currently we have five outlets in Bangalore and Mumbai. Now the time has arrived to give a push and we will increase our chain seven-fold to 35 stores by end of the year,” he said.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India