Carlton London to soon introduce apparels for men & women in India
Later this year, Carlton London is also planning to start selling watches in India.February 07, 2019 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carlton London, the British footwear brand, will soon be launching western wear and athleisure apparels for men and women in India. The company’s move is in line with its plans to become the complete lifestyle brand in the country.
Later this year, Carlton London is also planning to start selling watches in India. The company began its Indian operations in 2002. Currently, it sells footwear, bags and accessories in the Indian market.
Carl Virk, Director, Carlton London, said, "We are looking to extend our portfolio in 2019 in the country. During this year we are going to launch western wear for men and women. That would be the plan for 2019. We are also looking to launch the sports athleisure line this year under the brand name Carlton Flex."
"We did full-fledged apparel line during the time of our launch in India in 2002. But then we focussed more on our core category which was footwear. We continued selling apparels for around 3 years before discontinuing it to focus more on the core category at that time," he added.
While the womenswear line will be started during the spring, the menswear will be launched in winters. The athleisure brand will further make its debut during June-July period.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear