Carnival Group buys HDIL's multiplex business for Rs 110 cr
Media and entertainment firm Carnival Group today said it has bought Housing Development and Infrastructure's multiplex business for Rs 110 croreJuly 04, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Media and entertainment firm Carnival Group today said it has bought Housing Development and Infrastructure's multiplex business for Rs 110 crore.
"Both the firms have been in talks with each other for a few months and the deal concluded on July 2, 2014. Carnival Group bought over HDIL's multiplex chain Broadway Cinemas for around Rs 110 crore," the Kerala based company said in a statement.
HDIL operates a chain of multiplexes under the brand name Kulraj Broadway across India.
Chairman of Carnival Group Shrikant Bhasi said: "... acquiring HDIL's Broadway Cinema is one more step towards achieving our aim of Vision 300 (launching of 300 screens across India).
"With the integration of Broadway, we plan to boost and draw audiences to cinemas keeping in mind the Carnival experience all across."
HDIL has sold its entire 100 per cent shareholding in HDIL Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, to Carnival Films.
"The sale of HDIL Entertainment to Carnival Films has been part of the group's strategy to exit its non-core business and fully focus on its core business," HDIL Vice- President finance and investor relations, Hariprakash Pandey said yesterday.
This will also enable HDIL to reduce its debt as planned, he added.
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores