Carrefour Speaks About Itís India Plans
Carrefour has registered two companies in India - Carrefour Wholesale Cash & Carry India, and Carrefour India Master Franchise Company.
November 24, 2007 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour has registered two companies in India - Carrefour Wholesale Cash & Carry India, and Carrefour India Master Franchise Company. Yesterday, the worldís second-largest retailer had announced plans to select an Indian partner in early 2008 for its retail business, as well as announced plans to launch a wholly-owned Indian cash-and-carry business in 2009. Herve Clec`h, MD of Carrefour Group India, has hinted that the potential partner could be from the financial, retail or real estate sectors. He said, "Apart from our cash-&-carry unit, we`re looking at hypermarts ranging from 4,000 sq m to 8,000 sq m". Carrefour has been sourcing apparel and fresh produce from India for the last decade. Currently, Carrefour India employs around 50 people and will shift to a new facility in Gurgaon, which can house over 150 people, a number that Clec`h said it plans to reach in two years.
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket
- Amazon.in sees its biggest celebration everwith record sales across all categories
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb‚Äôs India biz