Carrefour Speaks About Itís India Plans
Carrefour has registered two companies in India - Carrefour Wholesale Cash & Carry India, and Carrefour India Master Franchise Company.
November 24, 2007 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour has registered two companies in India - Carrefour Wholesale Cash & Carry India, and Carrefour India Master Franchise Company. Yesterday, the worldís second-largest retailer had announced plans to select an Indian partner in early 2008 for its retail business, as well as announced plans to launch a wholly-owned Indian cash-and-carry business in 2009. Herve Clec`h, MD of Carrefour Group India, has hinted that the potential partner could be from the financial, retail or real estate sectors. He said, "Apart from our cash-&-carry unit, we`re looking at hypermarts ranging from 4,000 sq m to 8,000 sq m". Carrefour has been sourcing apparel and fresh produce from India for the last decade. Currently, Carrefour India employs around 50 people and will shift to a new facility in Gurgaon, which can house over 150 people, a number that Clec`h said it plans to reach in two years.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shaz√© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group