Carrefour spreads footprint in Russia
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia.
October 08, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia. The first Russian Carrefour was opened in June 2009 in Moscow and the second in Krasnodar. A third hypermarket in Lipetsk is planned for the year-end. Carrefour looks forward to grow in the country and this might include mergers and acquisitions. The troubled Russian retailer Seventh Continent is a prime candidate for this type of move and there has already been speculation as to Carrefour's buying the company.
- Milkbasket launches voice buying
- Flipkart adds recharge, travel tabs on its mobile app
- Grofers to enter FMCG segment; targets Rs 2,500 crore sales in FY19
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet
- Singapore based CCube Angels Network Invests in Inner Being
- Amazon readies for Prime Day with blockbuster deals
- Shoppers Stop betting big on omni-channel strategy
- Now IKEA will launch its first store in India on August 9
- Panasonic India aims aggressive growth