Carrefour spreads footprint in Russia
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia.
October 08, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia. The first Russian Carrefour was opened in June 2009 in Moscow and the second in Krasnodar. A third hypermarket in Lipetsk is planned for the year-end. Carrefour looks forward to grow in the country and this might include mergers and acquisitions. The troubled Russian retailer Seventh Continent is a prime candidate for this type of move and there has already been speculation as to Carrefour's buying the company.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021