Carrefour spreads footprint in Russia
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia.
October 08, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia. The first Russian Carrefour was opened in June 2009 in Moscow and the second in Krasnodar. A third hypermarket in Lipetsk is planned for the year-end. Carrefour looks forward to grow in the country and this might include mergers and acquisitions. The troubled Russian retailer Seventh Continent is a prime candidate for this type of move and there has already been speculation as to Carrefour's buying the company.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay