Carrefour spreads footprint in Russia
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia.
October 08, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
One of the world’s largest retail chains, Carrefour SA, is planning a ‘significant number’ of projects over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in Russia. The first Russian Carrefour was opened in June 2009 in Moscow and the second in Krasnodar. A third hypermarket in Lipetsk is planned for the year-end. Carrefour looks forward to grow in the country and this might include mergers and acquisitions. The troubled Russian retailer Seventh Continent is a prime candidate for this type of move and there has already been speculation as to Carrefour's buying the company.
- Iba Halal Care raises Series A1 funding from Addvantis Enterprises
- Softline leggings ropes in Anushka Sharma
- Amazon may open more than 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021
- Siyaram’s launches superstar Ranveer Singh as their New Brand Ambassador
- Samara-Amazon acquires Kumar Mangalam Birla's More retail chain
- Walmart hires expats for senior roles in Flipkart
- Aditya Birla Fashion forays into women's innerwear and athleisure category
- Amazon Pay launches card-less AMAZON PAY EMI solution
- IKEA targets home delivery by electric vehicle in five major cities by 2020
- M&S opens first store in Odisha