Citizen Jewellery to launch its pearl brand in India
Citizen Jewellery, the jewellery division of Citizen Co, is looking to bring its pearl jewellery brand Citizen Pearl to India. In this regard, Ganjam, a Bangalore-based retailer of premium jewelle
March 02, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Citizen Jewellery, the jewellery division of Citizen Co, is looking to bring its pearl jewellery brand Citizen Pearl to India.
In this regard, Ganjam, a Bangalore-based retailer of premium jewellery, is helping the Japanese company study the Indian market and understand the sensibilities of the Indian consumer.
The $50-million Citizen Pearl brand is available across 1,000 retail outlets in Japan. The company now wants to bring its pearl brand to India. The brand is priced between $200 and $10,000. Citizen will decide what kind of pricing would suit the Indian market.
“Citizen is exploring the possibility of bringing its pearls to India and we are helping it study the Indian market, which needs to have a strong branded pearl presence,” said Mr Umesh Ganjam, Managing Director, Ganjam.
Citizen Jewellery too is looking to strengthen Ganjam's presence in the Japanese market, said Mr Akimoto, MD, Citizen Jewellery.
Ganjam has four retail outlets in India — two in Bangalore and one each in Delhi and Mumbai. On whether the retailer would expand its footprint in India, Mr Ganjam said, “The Chennai and Hyderabad markets look interesting.”
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore