Citizen Jewellery to launch its pearl brand in India
Citizen Jewellery, the jewellery division of Citizen Co, is looking to bring its pearl jewellery brand Citizen Pearl to India. In this regard, Ganjam, a Bangalore-based retailer of premium jewelle
March 02, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Citizen Jewellery, the jewellery division of Citizen Co, is looking to bring its pearl jewellery brand Citizen Pearl to India.
In this regard, Ganjam, a Bangalore-based retailer of premium jewellery, is helping the Japanese company study the Indian market and understand the sensibilities of the Indian consumer.
The $50-million Citizen Pearl brand is available across 1,000 retail outlets in Japan. The company now wants to bring its pearl brand to India. The brand is priced between $200 and $10,000. Citizen will decide what kind of pricing would suit the Indian market.
“Citizen is exploring the possibility of bringing its pearls to India and we are helping it study the Indian market, which needs to have a strong branded pearl presence,” said Mr Umesh Ganjam, Managing Director, Ganjam.
Citizen Jewellery too is looking to strengthen Ganjam's presence in the Japanese market, said Mr Akimoto, MD, Citizen Jewellery.
Ganjam has four retail outlets in India — two in Bangalore and one each in Delhi and Mumbai. On whether the retailer would expand its footprint in India, Mr Ganjam said, “The Chennai and Hyderabad markets look interesting.”
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka