Deepika to endorse Yamaha scooters
Yamaha announces marketing and branding strategy for foray into the Indian Scooter market.July 25, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
All set to make its grand entry into the Indian scooter market, India Yamaha Motor today announced that it has signed up Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone as the face of Yamaha Scooters in India. This is the first time that the actress will endorse an automobile product and Yamaha is upbeat that her feminine yet sporty disposition will gel easily with the Indian target audience. While Deepika will endorse the scooter section ofYamaha, John Abraham will continue to be the brand ambassador of the company’s flagship bikes.
As per the deal, Deepika will make appearances in commercials which are already lined up. The bubbly and active image of the actress will complement the sporty and stylish scooter that Yamaha has to offer to its female customers which will primarily be under the age of 24 years.
Commenting on the occasion, Hiroyuki Suzuki, CEO and MD, India Yamaha Motor Pvt.Ltd said, “We are very pleased with our alliance with Ms. Deepika Padukone to endorse our scooter ‘Ray’ which just like Deepika signifies ‘Cool & Beauty’. Being young, fit, sporty and stylish, Ms. Deepika has all the elements that our customers will subscribe to when they buy our scooters. The youth adore her, respect her and follow her because she signifies an inherent sense of style that easily blends in with that of brand Yamaha. We look forward to have a longstanding and fruitful association with her.”
“Yamaha has been a preferred brand with the youth who understand and connect well with technology, performance and the spirit of sporting endeavors. We have replicated these inherent ingredients in our scooters as well for the aspiring Indian women under the age of 24 years. We do expect the women customers to become a core part of our future growth strategy", he added.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019