Delhi's costliest retail space at IGI, opening in July
The spanking new IGI terminal (T3) that opens from July, in Delhi will have a retail area larger than most malls. And, the rentals here are the highest in NCR. In terms of size, most malls will pale i
February 05, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
The spanking new IGI terminal (T3) that opens from July, in Delhi will have a retail area larger than most malls. And, the rentals here are the highest in NCR. In terms of size, most malls will pale in comparison to the retail area of T3, which incidentally will also house a 100-room hotel. The terminal is going to boast of India's biggest airport retail area spread over 30,000 square metres. An average three to four storey mall has a retail space of 20-25,000 square metres. The shopping area of T3 will have 247 retail units. Some of the world's biggest names have booked space here. Apart from top Indian brands, eateries and service providers, global biggies like Versace, WH Smith, Swarovski and HagenDaz are setting shop at T3. Moreover, the international side of the terminal will have the biggest duty-free area among all airports in India. Almost 9,900 parties applied for the 247 units of which 2,133 were evaluated before being selected. All but two of the shopping units have already been grabbed.
With an annual passenger handling capacity of 3.5 crore, Delhi International Airport (Pvt) Ltd (DIAL) expects a massive revenue from the retail area that will house duty free, big brands, food and beverage outlets and service area. It is learnt that the annual revenue from each square feet is estimated at between Rs 25,000 and Rs 45,000. So the overall revenue will be over Rs 1,000 crore per annum.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG