Demand of Global Dairy Market Becoming Insatiable
The global demand for milk and dairy products are becoming increasingly insatiable.June 19, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Global demand for milk and dairy products are becoming increasingly insatiable, says a study. Global Milk and Dairy Products Market 2014 Edition research report analyzes the development of the markets, with a focus on the top 7 milk producing regions of the world which includes the EU, the US, India, China, Brazil, Russia and New Zealand.
Off late, the wedge between demand and supply has continued to grow. However, increasing real incomes coupled with rising willingness to spend, changing consumer dietary patterns, increasing consumer awareness regarding the nutritional values of dairy products and waning price responsiveness are some of the major factors influencing the market growth. On the supply side, relatively favorable weather conditions, higher export prices, improved efficiency gains, and continued focus on innovation and technology has resulted in improved supplies around the globe.
Despite increasing supplies, the dairy industry will remain tight but is expected to be more dynamic in the near future. Recent industry developments and demand trend arising largely from emerging countries led by China have placed the market comfortably on a higher growth path. Besides, the smaller domestic production capacities, volatile global feed prices, the increasing use of high quality feed in traditional pasture-based regions, rising cost of primary inputs and sharp volatility in overall prices have fueled production costs in these countries which in turn has restricted production. This void has largely been filled up by imports rather than boosting domestic capacities.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore