Devyani International launches Vaango
Devyani International Limited has announced the
February 08, 2011 | comments ( 3 ) |
Devyani International Limited has announced the launch of a pan-India chain of South Indian Quick Service Restaurants called Vaango. The first outlet was inaugurated at Noida Sector 18 market in Delhi NCR on February 5.
Vaango is a first-of-its kind concept restaurant where authentic South Indian food has been presented in a strikingly modern ambience.
Speaking on DIL’s strategic expansion into home grown brands that address Indian food preferences and tastes Virag Joshi, President & CEO, DIL said, “An increasingly globalized environment and India's growing economy is fuelling demand for new retail formats that meet the aspirations of consumers. With a successful track record with top global brands like Pizza Hut, KFC and Costa Coffee, DIL, is well placed to leverage this expertise to launch its own brands”.
Vikas Kapoor, COO, Vaango said, “While there are a large number of restaurant options that offer familiar (Indian) food at reasonable prices they are often found lacking when it comes to world class standards of hygiene, ambience and service.”
In a unique effort, Vaango will make the eating experience more interactive and fun. It will engage customers with Facebook and Twitter programs. It will also offer fun contests, menu updates, reviews and discussion forums. Customers are also welcome to join the Mobile Loyalty programme where they will avail special offers as a part of the loyalty club.
Speaking on the roll-out plans, Virag Joshi said, “In the first year, we expect to open 10-15 stores across Delhi NCR. Thereafter we will be looking to grow exponentially year on year.
Going forward we are targeting a pan India chain of 100 Vaango outlets over the next few years with an investment of close to 100 crores.”
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019