Diageo eyes increased stake in USL
Makes second open offer for $1.9 billionApril 16, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading liquor maker Diageo has decided to hike its stake in United Spirits to 55 per cent, a company it had acquired in 2012.
Diageo had initially announced plans to acquire a 53 per cent stake in United Spirits for about Rs 11,000 crore in November 2012. However, Diageo was unable to achieve its target with its open offer to acquire a 26 per cent of USL at Rs 1,440 per share receiving a poor response from investors.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India