Ekmatra redefines khadi store
With the resounding success of its first Ekmatra store, Sarvoday Ashram has launched its second concept store in New Delhi
January 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
With the resounding success of its first Ekmatra store, Sarvoday Ashram has launched its second concept store in New Delhi. Spread over 650 sq ft, the new Ekmatra store offers a complete range of handwoven natural apparels, including fabrics, garments, home furnishings and accessories.
Following the Gandhian philosophy of simplicity, Sarvoday Ashram’s Ekmatra finds its roots in an effort of making handspun and handwoven fabrics that support the environment, inclusive growth and sustainable development. These fabrics are earthy and traditional and lend the clothing an elegant, classy and fashionable appeal. Virbhadra Singh, Minister - Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, said, “From being synonymous to Mahatma Gandhi's Swadeshi movement to becoming a fashion symbol, Khadi has come a long way.” Sarvoday Ashram’s Chairman, Manoj Chaturvedi, said, “In contrast to a personality-led brand, Ekmatra is an organisation-led brand that supports harmonic coexistence of people and environment. Ekmatra is the only brand, which bridges heritage with modernity.”
Sarvoday Ashram plans to open about 25 more Ekmatra stores in 7-8 cities in the next three years with an expected turnover of Rs 25-28 crore.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category