Essar to add 66 Hypermarts in India
Essar Steel today announced its plans to expand its retail chain, Hypermart, taking the tally to 150 within a year in India.
December 07, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Essar Steel today announced its plans to expand its retail chain, Hypermart, taking the tally to 150 within a year in India. With 28 ‘Hypermarts’ in the West, 16 in the North, 19 in South, four in East and 17 in the Central region, Essar is also looking at opportunities in the SAARC region to open more outlets. Hypermart, a one-stop shop for a wide range of flat steel products including, hot rolled, cold rolled and galvanised steel sheets and TMT Bars, caters to the need of small and medium-scale enterprises. Essar Steel sells 25 per cent of its total production of 4.6 million tonnes per annum from the Hazira plant (in Gujarat) in the domestic market through retail chains.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG