Essar to add 66 Hypermarts in India
Essar Steel today announced its plans to expand its retail chain, Hypermart, taking the tally to 150 within a year in India.
December 07, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Essar Steel today announced its plans to expand its retail chain, Hypermart, taking the tally to 150 within a year in India. With 28 ‘Hypermarts’ in the West, 16 in the North, 19 in South, four in East and 17 in the Central region, Essar is also looking at opportunities in the SAARC region to open more outlets. Hypermart, a one-stop shop for a wide range of flat steel products including, hot rolled, cold rolled and galvanised steel sheets and TMT Bars, caters to the need of small and medium-scale enterprises. Essar Steel sells 25 per cent of its total production of 4.6 million tonnes per annum from the Hazira plant (in Gujarat) in the domestic market through retail chains.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn