Fifth century and going strong
Domino’s opened their 500th store in India.September 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The 500th store for Domino's was inaugurated by Hari S Bhartia, Co-Chairman, Jibilant Foodworks. Domino’s, which is the
market leader in the organized pizza home delivery segment with 55 per cent share and over 70 per cent in home delivery segment.
Speaking about the milestone achieved, Bhartia said, “We planned to open 100 stores in 2012 and we have already opened 24”. When asked about the factor that determines Domino’s growth, Bhartia said, “The factor that keeps our customer base loyal is that we bring out new varieties of product from time to time, on an average we do three to four product innovation each year”.
Domino’s has already made its presence in 110 cities in the country. Domino’s in India happens to be the fastest growing operations in Domino’s global system. Richard Allison, Executive Vice President, Domino’s Pizza International said, “It is a great honour for me to be present here to witness this remarkable achievement by the Domino’s team in India. Globally, Domino’s is present in over 70 markets but certainly India operations have emerged as one of the largest and fastest growing. Domino’s India is a key market in our scheme of things. India is the fourth largest country in terms of stalls and revenue generated. The 500th store mark achievement in India is because of dedication and constant brand nurturing efforts of the inspired leadership and team members here. The amazing growth of Domino’s India has set new records for us globally, which will certainly spur other countries to emulate the India story.”
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019