Firefox Bikes to open retail bike stations
Noida-based leading bike manufacturer, Firefox Bikes has
May 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Noida-based leading bike manufacturer, Firefox Bikes has embarked to expand beyond the borders of India, stepping into the mountain kingdom of Bhutan, taking step small into the giving the enterprise a global perspective.
Firefox Bikes has given exclusive Franchise right to Yangphel. They are a well known name and are into various businesses like travel, hotels, insurance, distribution and retail of Archery etc. in Bhutan. Since Firefox is synonymous with rugged, all terrain mountain bikes, Bhutan seemed an ideal choice for expansion. The first outlet opened at Thimpu, the capital of Bhutan, recently.
With a population of 6 lakhs, the youth percentage is quite high and that’s what firefox aims to target. Being a small hilly country, the topography is ideally suited for biking and the culture of owning a premium brand bike is rapidly picking up. The company would be particularly excited about the prospects of the mountain bikes doing well.
Firefox has a huge range of multi-utility bikes and on offer would be bikes for all age groups - be it children or adults but 75% sales are expected to be in the adult segment. Some of the popular models on sale are TREK, GARY FISHER and POPEYE brands.
Mr Shiv Inder Singh, Managing Director, Firefox Bikes, informs, “The company aims to sell approx 800 bikes in the first year of its operations in Bhutan”.
Mr Shiv Inder Singh, also informed that we plan to open around 20 retail bike stations in the year 2011-12 in India and a further expansion to over 200 Bike station in the coming 5 years in India and abroad. Though the main focus would be to grow domestically, the company also has plans to slowly make in-roads globally.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO