Future is bright for Organic India
The ever-growing organic segment in the country is ably supported by Organic India.
November 12, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The ever-growing organic segment in the country is ably supported by Organic India, giants in this segment primarily exporting their products across to U.S, U.K, Europe, etc. The company owns an area covering over 2.4 million hectares and have also positioned their manufacturing plants across U.P, A.P and Rajasthan.
Started up 1997, the brand has made rapid strides in the organic industry and has research facilities based out of India as well as USA. This has been done under the methodical nurturing of Krishnan Gupta, Global CEO,Organic India. With his brand, the aim is to tap the health-conscious centric consumer base in the country. Gupta feels that due to some brands positioning their products in the high-end category, the organic market has failed to take off in the domestic market. But he is quite satisfied with the shelf space that retailers are allotting to his products inside a retail store."We get enough space within a retail outlet and that too without paying up for the shelf which clearly shows how much the customers are preferring out products. Our tea products generate 60% and formulation products 40% of our total revenue of Rs 100 crore out of which 80% is contributed in the form of exports," commented Gupta.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021