Godrej focuses on developing markets
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd, which recently completed the acquisition of a 51 percent stake in Darling Group Holdings, an
October 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd, which recently completed the acquisition of a 51 percent stake in Darling Group Holdings, an African hair-care company, will focus on consolidating its business in the domestic and other developing markets, such as Africa and Latin America, for the next two to three years, reports company. The last three years were the years of acquisitions for the company.
“We have invested close to Rs 4,000 crore in those acquisitions. So, we want to consolidate our presence in those new markets and then will probably be looking at organic growth of our new businesses as well,” says A. Mahendran, Managing Director, GCPL.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear