Gordon Reid to head Tescoís China Operations
Gordon Reid, the chief operating officer who oversaw the expansion of Trentís Star Bazaar retail outlets, is returning to his parent firm Tesco to head its Chinese operations.
February 20, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gordon Reid, the chief operating officer who oversaw the expansion of Trent’s Star Bazaar retail outlets, is returning to his parent firm Tesco to head its Chinese operations.
According to an official Trent release, Mr Reid’s India stint was part of a franchise arrangement with partner Tesco, and he is now moving back. The company said his replacement at Trent will be announced soon.
Mr Reid took over at Trent in 2008 after Tesco inked a deal with the retail arm of the salt-to-software Tata Group. A pharmacist by training, he had worked with Boots for about 15 years earning his spurs in organised retail. He eventually ran the South East of England Region responsible for around 200 stores. In 2005 he joined Tesco in Central Europe as the COO for their Hungarian business before coming to India. His India stint is expected to come to an end on March 1.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021