Gordon Reid to head Tescoís China Operations
Gordon Reid, the chief operating officer who oversaw the expansion of Trentís Star Bazaar retail outlets, is returning to his parent firm Tesco to head its Chinese operations.
February 20, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gordon Reid, the chief operating officer who oversaw the expansion of Trent’s Star Bazaar retail outlets, is returning to his parent firm Tesco to head its Chinese operations.
According to an official Trent release, Mr Reid’s India stint was part of a franchise arrangement with partner Tesco, and he is now moving back. The company said his replacement at Trent will be announced soon.
Mr Reid took over at Trent in 2008 after Tesco inked a deal with the retail arm of the salt-to-software Tata Group. A pharmacist by training, he had worked with Boots for about 15 years earning his spurs in organised retail. He eventually ran the South East of England Region responsible for around 200 stores. In 2005 he joined Tesco in Central Europe as the COO for their Hungarian business before coming to India. His India stint is expected to come to an end on March 1.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India