Hallmark enters India
Archies Ltd, the leading producer of greeting cards and related
February 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Archies Ltd, the leading producer of greeting cards and related gift products in India has today announced that they have entered into a license agreement with Hallmark Cards, Inc the $4 billion global market leader in Social Expressions to bring exclusive Hallmark retail outlets across the country.
The company plans to create a similar chain of Hallmark stores (as operating in the United States) all across India. These stores will retail exclusive Hallmark products, including cards, stationery, ornaments and gifts, including the powerful and synergetic brands like Crayola art products, the William Arthur range of luxury stationery, and merchandise of world famous characters like Snoopy & Garfield among others.
The current plan is for Archies to operate a parallel retail program of Archies Gallery stores and Hallmark stores.
Said Mr. Anil Moolchandani, Chairman of Archies Ltd, “This event marks a milestone in a relationship that goes back decades to when we launched Archies. It had always been my desire to partner with Hallmark whose reputation as both the leader in greeting cards and in corporate ethical responsibility was well known”. “Working with Hallmark has been a dream of mine for years and now it is a reality. To represent Hallmark in India is an honor and I’m delighted to be associated with the company and its owners”, he further added.
Hallmark’s Global Director of Licensing, Scott Chaloud, said “I’ve known Anil for at least 10 years and he knew my predecessors. We’ve always recognized a natural connection between the two companies but have, until now, been unable to make it a reality. However, we are now committed to a path that will help grow the category, add product variety to the market and establish the Hallmark brand in India. Archies is both financially and strategically capable of delivering on the brand promise”.
The partnership seems a win-win scenario for the global leaders and their Indian counterparts. Archies proven strength in retailing and publishing in India combined with Hallmark’s technological knowhow and understanding of sentiments will help both brands co-exist and maximize their potential in India.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021