Havells makes foray into home appliances
Launched a range of appliances to cater to the domestic appliances market
August 05, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Announcing its entry into the domestic home appliances, electrical equipment maker Havells India said it expected to clock sales of Rs.500 crore from the segment in the next four years. The company said it would invest up to Rs.80 crore on marketing, research and development of its small appliances range over the next two to three years.
The company on Thursday launched a range of appliances which assist in food preparation, garment care, home comfort, cooking and brewing to cater to the estimated Rs.5,200 crore domestic appliances market.
“We we see a huge business opportunity in this fast growing domestic home appliance market,'' Havells India Joint Managing Director Anil Gupta said in a statement. He said the products would initially be available in top 40 cities through some 4,000 outlets apart from its 100 exclusive Havells Galaxy stores. Besides, the firm plans to export its products to Latin America and Thailand using the distribution channel of Sylvania, which it bought in early 2007.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2